Monday, May 30, 2016

Fearless



“The worst lies are the ones we tell ourselves. We live in denial of what we do, even what we think. We do this because we are afraid. We fear we will not find love, and when we find it we fear we will lose it. We fear that if we do not have love we will be unhappy.” - Richard Bach, One.

Fear is the mind-killer. Yep, Frank Herbert had it right, all those decades ago, in his Dune novels. If we fear, we don't act. Inaction causes.... nothing. Not a damn thing happens. Then when nothing happens, we fear that as well.

I choose to find happiness. I choose to find love. I choose to search for what I need, what we all crave. Someone to share those quiet moments with, to hold us in the dark when we aren't quite as fearless as we wish. Someone to catch our eye across a room, and hold it for just long enough that we know.... we just know. Someone to make me laugh at the silly things, to make me shed tears of joy until I can't breathe. Someone that provokes me to think, about serious topics, about things I can do to make the world better.

And I can't do any of that if I'm afraid.

 I choose to fight fear. I choose to live on my own terms, even when sometimes I forget to set those terms. Which is why I count on people that read the blog to kick me in the ass, to remind me that I'm being slack. I do an okay job of starting a post, but then I feel like I'm repeating myself, so I stop and think. And thinking is dangerous business, let me tell you. I talk myself out of a lot of brilliant ideas by thinking about them too much.

Fight the fear. Fight for happiness. Fight for love. How? By being ALL IN. No hesitation. No holding back. NO WALLS. No false bravado.

By Being Fearless.

No comments:

Post a Comment