Monday, January 16, 2017

Here

“I’m here not because I am supposed to be here, or because I’m trapped here, but because I’d rather be with you than anywhere else in the world.”  ― Richard Bach, The Bridge Across Forever

Given the choice, I wouldn't change a thing. Maybe some of the circumstances, maybe a few of the players, but for the most part, I am right where I want to be. Anything that needs to be different, I have to work that out for myself.

I'm not happy being alone, but I'm not miserable. Sharing the little things is great, but I don't miss dirty socks in the floor and the toilet seat being left up in the middle of the night. I'm not one of those people who need someone else to complete my life. A partner has to be the right one, not just any one. I'd rather spend eternity alone than be with settle for someone. How's that quote go? "If you have chemistry, you only need one other thing. Timing. But timing's a bitch." Yeah. A HUGE bitch, as Deuce Bigelow said.

I'm good with my friends. After the political year from HELL, and sorting out those who are apparently not who I thought they were, I have a core group that are family. Some others have went their merry way, by their own choice. A few others, I set loose with a "see ya, wouldn't want to be ya." I spend more time with online friends than real life ones, but I don't think there's much difference to me. Time and space don't hold us apart. Well, unless we let them.

So here I am. Queen of my castle, master of my fate. I have only myself to blame if things aren't what I want. And I have the power to make it different. I'm not necessarily supposed to be here, certainly not trapped here, but without a doubt it's where I want need to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment