Monday, January 23, 2017

Challenges

"It isn’t the challenge that faces us that determines who we are and what we are becoming, but the way we meet the challenge: whether we toss a match at the wreck or work our way through it, step by step, to freedom.”  ― Richard Bach, Nothing by Chance

Of course our actions matter the most. Not when we fold our cards and walk away, but when we put all our chips in and draw to an inside straight. Nobody ever said this thing called life would be easy, and if they did THEY LIED! A constant battle to keep our heads above water: sometimes we're lucky to dog paddle, other days we're floating on our backs without a care in the world. I'm more scared then than on bad days: the good ones sometimes allow us to let our guard down a little too much.

I've said before I'm not a risk taker, but I'm also not a doom and gloom person either. I try to take each day and each event on its merits. Just because it's Monday doesn't necessarily mean it will suck. 95% chance, but that five percent just might be while you're buying a lottery ticket or getting a great haircut! I am not much of an optimist, more of a realist. Show me that five percent that has an open door to success, and I'll make something good of it. 

Sometimes the best solution is to toss that match. Not everything (or everyone) is salvageable. I've walked away from things that others told me I would regret leaving. I've also stuck out relationships that would send many screaming to the hills. Knowing the difference is a fine line. I don't always have the timing down, but I eventually get the idea and pick up the gasoline can. No bridges left to cross, keeps the stragglers from chasing you down.

No comments:

Post a Comment