Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Slacker

“Any powerful idea is absolutely fascinating and absolutely useless until we choose to use it.”  ― Richard Bach, One

Yep, I'm a slacker. Missed blogging last night. I was.... tired. Shabby excuse, but the truth. I blame the snow, disrupting my life. Today's quote is true: unless we apply our ideas, they are useless.

I write a lot every day, besides blogging. Being a detail-oriented person, my work emails are often Tl;dr things. That's shorthand for "too long;didn't read," for those who raised an eyebrow at it. I use lots of words and reference previous emails, attaching them to make it easier on the reader. Good idea, but then I get the question that shows they didn't bother to read the attachment. Applied, unsuccessfully. Too often. 

I also write wordy posts on Facebook sometimes. Usually in group conversations, so unless you're in a political group with me, you are spared the ramblings. I have lots of ideas there too, but sadly the government is uninterested. At least my Senator knows me by name. Maybe one day they'll consider my solutions.

As mentioned earlier this week, I'm not a risk taker. I am an idea maker, however. I think someone should figure out how to preserve a fresh tomato so you can reconstitute it months later, just as fresh. None of those pale pink greenhouse things, a real vine-ripened in the field tomato. Also, a personal weather bubble that doesn't interfere with activity. So I can sit outside and read anytime I want, never too hot or cold. Like a force field, maybe? I don't have answers, I have ideas, LOL.

I've tried sharing the ideas I have about life, love, loss, etc. with you. To moderate success, I consider more than two other people reading a post a success. I appreciate the positive (and negative) feedback. Your humble writer is just putting her thoughts on the screen, without pattern or prejudice. The only starting point I have is a quote from Richard, from one of his books. If you haven't read them, SHAME! SHAME! SHAME! You should at a minimum read Illusions: The Adventures of A Reluctant Messiah. Then you might understand where I get some of my crazy ideas. 

In a later book, Richard tells of a fan asking where he gets his ideas. "From the idea fairy, the shower fairy, the 3 am fairy: anywhere they pop into my mind!" Which is pretty much true for me. Usually I'm listening to TV while surfing the web, and something catches my ear. Sometimes someone on Facebook has posted something that got me thinking. A dangerous thing, that. 


Anyway, this is now in Tl;dr territory. Winding it down, I will strive to put those ideas into action a little better. Instead of just writing them down, maybe I'll actually put some effort into them. 

XX

No comments:

Post a Comment