Thursday, January 12, 2017

Happy

“I do not exist to impress the world. I exist to live my life in a way that will make me happy. ”  ― Richard Bach, Illusions: The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah

But oh, what is that happiness??? Things that made me happy for decades somehow lost their shine. Did they change, or did I? Yeah, I know. Trick question. I bet it was me. Without even realizing it.

I think that's where people make their biggest mistakes. They believe things have changed, when all along its THEM. Marriage seems boring? Spouse no longer fun to be around? Caught up in endless fights about money? Step back, and look harder. Maybe because you've changed your standard of living you have to work more, and both of you are tired and just want a nap. The relationship seems foul, but the situations that affect it are the problem. Work at improving those things, and watch the good times return. 

Your job. BORING. Used to be a good to accomplish your tasks, and get a pat on the back, maybe even a nice raise. Now, companies want more for less. Forget a raise, just bust your ass to keep your job. Because you've now adjusted to that thinking. there's no happy. Go back to school, learn a new trade, maybe even find a complete new field to transfer to: make work less like work. 

We make our own misery, and our own happiness. Don't let one keep you from the other. You're the one in control. How long will you settle for less than you deserve? Especially when you have no one else to blame. 


No comments:

Post a Comment