Friday, October 24, 2014

Time

Day 43. Time.

I've had pieces of a song running in my head for a few days. A love song that is more than that, it's about time. The one commodity none of us ever has enough of, one that cannot be purchased at any price.

It took me until last night to figure out its some obscure Toto song from like 1999. The song isn't very good, but the lyrics are great.

You never lose a minute, if in it there is love
And 'old man time' always pulls you through

There's an endless struggle to squeeze all the love you can into the time you have. "Old Man Time" pulls us right through our lives, quickly past those we love. Moving at light speed, I try and grasp to hold onto them. 


It's better not to depend on the morning dew
For the rose you plant in your bed tends to you

If I treat you well, I won't need to worry about losing your love. It will grow and flourish under our loving care. I can only count on myself to make that happen, and never take for granted you'll always be there.


Some folks take money, some take their life
Some take forever to see


Not everyone is lucky enough to see the love that's right there in front of them. Sometimes they aren't looking at what's staring right at them.

Blind faith, blind love, they're no mystery to me
You must take the time, for that's the fee


I've been the one still standing after all hope was lost. I'm standing here now because of it. Never sure what happened in the past to make things go so wrong, but it won't keep me from loving again. Even when I know the price. 


It's worth the pain that makes the tears
It's worth the light of a million years


The love you give will hurt, but the joy you get in return is immeasurable. Great pain brings great joy. It will outshine the sun in its brilliance, and where before there was darkness there is now light.

Only your love I can't explain
You are the flower for my rain


I don't know why you picked me to love, but I'm glad you did. When I give mine back to you, it's the very definition of beauty. The life we have together is a shining example to those who watch us. 


You light the sun that shines from my eyes
It's all in return for what you're givin' me


The love we share will be reflected in the joy others see. Maybe someone will even write a song about it. My happiness isn't my own: it's because of you.

You are the reason for the earth beneath my feet
And you fill the space that I call free


I am nothing without you. My life began when we found each other, and goes on because of you. My heart, my soul, my everything belongs to you. The price of my freedom is time, and I give it. Gladly.

Lesson Forty Three: Will you sacrifice your time, your future for love? Can you give up the one thing you can never get back, in exchange for the greatest gift of all? Think about what you'd do: faced with an eternity without love, would you trade that eternity for love?

687 to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment