Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Unbendable Hearts

Day 27. Unbendable Hearts...

Still thinking about yesterday's post.... I can't get two little boys out of my mind.

Two tiny three-year olds, that I saw once when they were a few weeks old. I've watched them grow via social media, pictures and stories on Facebook. Their Momma and I no longer work together, but through the magic of the interwebs, can still share in the good things of life. I've seen pictures of them with spaghetti faces, hugging the animals in their lives, their eyes wide after a night at the County fair. I've read the stories about their first steps, how helpless parents feel when they are sick, how proud Momma was at seeing them make friends at day care.

I've also had to see the bad things of life. I've watched the sorrow that flows so often from my friend, knowing they are growing up while she sits waiting. I've read her heartbreaking story about wishing she had a new job where no one knew she had two boys so no one would ask if she'd seen them so her heart didn't break further. I've wondered if the person doing this to the three of them realizes just what she's doing. No, she's not "protecting" them from anything. She's not "moving on" with life. She's robbing them all of something so rare and precious, something she can't even see (or doesn't want to), a gift so magical it should be rejoiced and celebrated and shared. She's keeping them from love. And that's evil.

I said yesterday that I didn't think anything could fix this. I really don't know any kind of solution. My friend might not totally agree with where I go on this now, but I will say that God knows what to do. He is in charge, and He passes judgement. This toxic person might not realize it now, maybe not in the next ten years, but evil doesn't escape His eye. These boys and their Momma won't be separated by evil. The love they shared won't stop. Love can't be contained. It will flourish in spite of those who think they are in control. Who will then have to answer for their actions, sometimes at a price they won't easily afford.

1 Corinthians 13, lines 4 -7: Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Love conquers all. Even unbendable hearts. Keep the faith. 


Lesson Twenty Seven: Have you ever tried to interfere in a relationship, and how bad did that backfire? Have you been the victim of someone using children, or something else, to manipulate you? Did you have a little smile when karma bit them in the ass? Think about how precious the time we have with our loved ones is, and ensure that you never take that for granted.

703 to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment