Monday, December 15, 2014

Choices.

Day 97. Choices.

Some days, you wonder if you can do anything right. Did you make the right decision at work? Have you done all you can for your family? Are you surrounded by the right people? Is this the place to be?

Every person, all the events of your life are there because you have drawn them there. What you choose to do with them is up to you. Richard Bach: Illusions

As much as we try to avoid them, choices come at us all the time, from all angles. And from the choices we make come others. Although it's filled with twists and turns, it is an infinite maze where all answers lead to more choices. We can't escape them with delay or doubt. They'll be waiting for us the next day, sometimes on their knees begging for answers. unavoidable.




Where should I go? What should I do? Who should I trust? Only you can make the eventual choice, but you can listen to others that have "been there, done that/" Those who are on the same circular path of life, maybe just a little further ahead by having made some choices already. Or even those who are behind you on the path, having made choices that took them off the course but looped them right back to where they started.

I know I've put off decisions, hoping they'd just work themselves out. What few did, worked out for the worse. I'm sure I've been in the wrong places, too. But for the Grace of God, I've also been in the right places. Or at least I was able to get from the wrong to the right. Skinned knees and palms, sometimes crawling away from a fire, but still moving and making yet another choice.

I've also feel I've chosen wisely in family and in friends. Made my share of mistakes there as well, I tend to accept everyone at face value. Giving not just second chances, but often third or fourth or more. Then at some point, their true faces come out. Not the people I thought they were, maybe not the people they thought they were. Sometimes I was able to let them go, cutting ties with the sharpest knife I have. Never looking back. Others, I've put off the choice, hoping something would jump out of the bushes along the path to show me more.

Sometimes, we just have to wait. Choices jumping up and down, screaming at us, begging us to pick one or the other or the other.

Lesson Ninety Seven: You won't get the same challenge a second time. It will affect you forever. Choose wisely.

633 to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment