Sunday, December 14, 2014

Truth

Day 96. Truth.




I have bits and pieces of writings all around. In my phone, on my tablet, in my PC. I wrote this about a month ago.... wasn't quite sure at the time why, so I never did anything else with it.

I read once that the human lifetime is too long to remain committed to only one other human. Wolves, eagles, they bond for lifetimes of maybe a decade. Human adults have the potential for five decades together, or more. Who's to say we can remain happy... no, not just happy... enchanted by one single other human for that length of time? Can we realistically expect someone to be enchanted with us as well? It sounds good on paper, but it's not always practical. When we start asking the hard questions, the truths come out.

Truth: been down one time. Been down two times. Never going back again. Never.


Truth: just when you think you know somebody, you find out you don't even know yourself.

Truth: what you need the most, you understand the least.

Truth: the people who are there for you will disappoint you, but you'll disappoint yourself far more.

Truth: I will not go down easily. Or quietly.

Lesson Ninety Six: Or everything I've ever written could be wrong.

694 to go...

1 comment:

  1. Been down................on several occasions.................
    Sometimes you win
    Sometimes you lose

    ReplyDelete