Thursday, December 11, 2014

Nothing

Day 93. Nothing.

Today, I get to tell you a brand new story. About nothing.

Imagine a day where something you'd worked for, hoped for, prayed for is THISCLOSE to coming true. Can you feel it? It's right there. So close you can feel the heat coming off of it. You and your loved ones have lived for this moment, and it's right there. Dream of a lifetime. Blood, sweat and tears. So close.

Then it's gone. Plans fall through. Beyond your control, too close to the ground, no time to recover, spiralling toward the earth. Destined to become an oily spot on the street, with the promise of survival slim, and not enough insurance to make a difference. BOOM. Just like that. Game over.

Open your eyes. Look around. It's okay, don't be afraid. I promise, it'll be okay. Just tell me about it. Sometimes just talking about it helps. I'm a good listener. Yeah, I know I talk a lot, but I listen well.

Man, that does bite. But, really. I am so there. Yes, I'm serious. Just so happens I can help. Most days, I can't help myself out of bed without a huge effort, much less anyone else, but by some strange coincidence.... the exact thing you need, at a time when I have it and don't have any clue what to do with it.

Bad things are not the worst things that can happen to us. NOTHING is the worst thing that can happen to us. Richard Bach: One.

Lesson Ninety Three: There's no such thing as coincidence. God speaks to us. Better be paying attention, my friends. We need each other, and if we're not watching.....

Life is one hell of a ride. No wonder God sets the price so high. You have to really want it.

647 to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment