Sunday, November 9, 2014

Images

Day 59. Images.

We talked awhile back about photographs, capturing memories instead of making them. I was thinking this morning about some of the images I have and how what they mean to me might be different than what they mean to others.

For example: a photo I took on a trip from here back to Lake Norman a few years ago, in a little community near us.

It looks like a hot mess of old signs and junk. I saw it as a place where they've collected history. There's fifty years worth of it, right outside that old building. It just needs someone to care about it again.

Another example: this one is from my front yard, looking west.
That looks like a picture of a storm getting ready to give us a rough time. It was actually after a storm, as it moved away from us. Why would anyone take a picture after a storm? Proof of life, so to speak.

One more, and I'll get to my point:  you've seen me use this picture before.

Looks like an old tree, still standing. Never breaking, only bending. A romantic thought, but I saw it as defiance. In spite of being planted out in the middle of a pasture, with no protection from the elements, too far from the house for anyone to be bothered with, it stands.

Lesson Fifty Nine: Do you see meaning in not only in the images you capture, but in things you see every day? Is there hidden beauty inside everything? Think about things you normally wouldn't take a second glance at, and find the miracle inside. Remember whnen you look around you that things aren't always what they appear at first sight.

681 to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment