Monday, November 24, 2014

You

Day 76. You.

Yes, you. Over there. You. That pretty darn special person, sitting there across from me. That's reading this right now. You. The one that's been drawn to me, as I have been delivered to you. We're both part of each other's lives now, because we made that choice.

Like attracts like. Just be who you are, calm and clear and bright. Automatically, as we shine who we are, asking ourselves every minute is this what I really want to do, doing it only when we answer yes, automatically that turns away those who have nothing to learn from who we are,and attracts those who do, and from whom we have to learn, as well. Richard Bach: Illusions.

Our differences become small when we find each other. I can handle being friends with Jeff Gordon fans. As long as you can stand me mocking him. We can still sit beside each other at Martinsville. It doesn't matter that you don't like country music, and I can't stand the smell of coffee in the morning. We'll get by, I'll just sleep in a bit, and compromise by waking up to The Stones. Learning from each other, teaching each other. That's how we get through life.

We are drawn to those who are like us, yet different. If we were all exactly alike, if we all loved the exact same things, life would be really boring. We have to admit to ourselves what we really are, though. We can't pretend, else we end up with those who don't see where we're going, who don't walk to the same rhythm. We can end up trapping ourselves in a loneliness of our own making, without that bond of someone who hears the same drums.

I'm not sure how far I am down the path of truly learning who I am, but I think I'm attracting the right kind of people along the way. Patriots that want a better life here in America, with freedoms that were guaranteed generations ago but seem to be slipping away. Friends that enjoy sports, and music, and animals. Family that loves laughter and good food. Those that aren't on the same page as me, I think they have just gone quietly down their own path. I don't waste time on fools, so maybe they know that and just bypass my life completely.

Richard Bach, Illusions: Only a few people are interested in what you have to say, but that's all right. You don't tell the quality of a master by the size of his crowds, remember.

Whether you are surrounded by five people or fifty, you must still be true to yourself. You can't hold back, pull punches, or understate what you mean. You have to continue to speak your own truth, consequences and hearts be damned. No one will believe you if you don't believe yourself. You teach what you most need to learn, remember? There's something to learn from everyone around you. After all, you drew them to you. Maybe listen to what they have to say, while they learn to hear your voice.


Lesson Seventy Six: Do you see a piece of yourself in those around you? Can you find the things that drew you into each other's lives? Look around, and understand how much we need each other. Not because we're the same, but because you are me and I am you.

654 to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment