Thursday, September 18, 2014

Day 7

Day 7. Week One is complete.

This first week was about the people and events of our lives. The ones we chose. We drew them to us, like hungry moths to a flame. Searching for that someone, that something, that would make our lives better.

I've shared a lot with you this week. I've learned a lot as I did. I've remembered things that made me smile. And oddly, very few that made me want to cry. I guess I'm "over" the bad things to some extent? Not sure exactly what's going on with that, but I'm going with it. I said I was "rolling" recently, and I mean that.

I don't know what's changed, but I am glad for it. I don't want to be "that person" that brings everyone around me down into the dumps. I've never wanted anyone to feel sorry for me, or to wish things were different for me. I dig my own holes, I climb my own mountains. I GOT THIS! Why? ALL IN.

All the people in my life, I was ALL IN. I never go into anything halfway. Always reaching for the brass ring, I lay my soul there for all to see.

All the events in my life, I was ALL IN. I didn't go skydiving or para-sailing thinking something would go wrong, I just went for it.

Did I win? Well, my life isn't over yet, so I can't tally a final score. But I think I'm ahead of the game at this point. I don't think God keeps score anyway, but if He does, I hope he likes a fighter. I guess He does, because that's how he made me.

Lesson Seven: Take a moment tonight to think about the things we talked about the last 7 days. We talked about love, loss, being true to yourself, never giving up. Do you feel differently now about the things you've done, the people you have in your life? Do you realize how lucky you are to be living the lifetime you have? Are there changes you want to make to improve things? Do you even know why you waited to make them?

Silly students. You didn't know how to be ALL IN before now. Let's keep learning.

723 days left....

No comments:

Post a Comment