Friday, September 19, 2014

Day 8

Day 8...

Now that we've figured out who we've surrounded ourselves with, and why the events that shape our lives are happening.... we need to find out who "we" are.

From Illusions: The simplest questions are the most profound: Where were you born? Where is your home? Where are you going? What are you doing? Think about these once in a while, and watch your answers change.

Really? How can "where I was born" change? Are you sure you know what "born" really means?  To the enlightened mind, being born doesn't just mean a physical location.


A religious person would say being born again spiritually is a turning point in one's life. Would that not override some hospital room at 4am, with your mother probably screaming in pain and your dad trying not to faint? I think the acceptance of Christ as your Lord and Saviour would certain become a focal point over that. I can check that box off as "changed."

How about those of us who've had "experiences" but don't really quantify them as religious? I feel like a different person from a different place than I did a year ago. I've opened myself to new experiences, new people, new adventures that I probably wouldn't have then. Yup, that one gets a check mark too, I was reborn with a fresh perspective.

Maybe you are one of the people that have lived before, and sometimes don't feel at home in the present day. Ever feel like you were born too late? Songs from the 50s and 60s speak to you? Victorian clothing more your style? Have you read a historical accounting of events and felt drawn to them, like they were familiar? Okay, check that one off for me as well, I'm at least a dozen years too young.

So you see, being "born" can mean different things. You just have to open yourself up to thinking "outside the box." Your experiences have taught you otherwise, but we're learning new things here, so live a little....

Lesson Eight: Think about where you were born. I know you were too young to remember your physical birth, but maybe you had another kind of "entrance" into the world. Have you had a religious experience and given yourself to God? Did you have a breakthrough from some obstacle that was holding you back, and gotten past it? Do you daydream about living in a different time, where you "fit" better?

722 days left...





722 days left...

No comments:

Post a Comment