Friday, September 5, 2014

Political Motivations

Political Motivations


My stupid internet radio wasn't working for crap today so I didn't get to listen to my usual 7 hours of talk radio. I had to deal with my own whacked-out thoughts about political stuffs. It was a one-sided conversation inside my head, me arguing the various POVs. That might explain why I came home from work, changed into a comfortable t-shirt and shorts, and poured myself the first drink I've had in months. First one ever in the home I have now. Not sure you all can appreciate what an accomplishment that is, between having had times in the past where I drank TOO much, and where I was afraid to drink because of situations and people around me.

It got me thinking about what actually motivates me politically.What makes me want to go out and vote. What makes me want to volunteer for (or against) someone. What makes me want to write something down that someone else might want to read.

 I'm firmly in the States Rights, 10th Amendment camp. HATE Federalism. LOVE the military, support anything and everything to support our soldiers, past and present. Totally believe in strength through power. DICK CHENEY, FTW!Also, CONSTITUTION!!!!

I am NOT a social issues voter. 

  • I don't care about gay marriage per se:: I do care that the decision isn't being left to the States and is being legislated from the bench. I won't be having a gay marriage, I don't care who does, but I do not want my rights as previously defined to be usurped by it. 
  • I don't care about a woman's right to choose: I believe in the rights of the unborn. Abortion is not birth control. Keep your legs together, don't have sex, you won't have babies you're not ready for. And bonus, I won't have to help pay for either. Abortion is murder, plain and simple in my little redneck mind.
  • I don't care about women's rights: women aren't men. And men aren't women. Well, unless they're trannys, and then I am not sure what anyone has to bitch about. That boat carrying the banner of equal pay for equal work doesn't even have a sail. All things are never equal. Work your hardest and earn what you deserve. If it's not enough, drag your whiney carcass somewhere else. Just remember: sometimes the grass is greener coz it's growing on a septic tank  
  •  I don't care about the environment: that's not something I want some jerk in DC directing. I like my old fashioned light bulbs, TYVM. I have a bunch stored in the pantry, I sometimes change them out even when they don't need it. BECAUSE I CAN!!!
 Anyway, those are a few of the things that get me stirred up. I hope to address them individually as I go along with this whole writing thing....

 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment